Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Bon Voyage

There's a certain despondency associated with sending your daughter across the country without you.

I'm feeling it.

Last night at the library (a last minute stop to pick up Emma's book that she'd placed on hold which was fortuitously ready before her trip), she sat and read, Mark looked for a book to interest him, and I snapped pictures of Emma with my phone.


At first she was really very willing to comply.  She smiled nicely:


She smiled just a tiny bit impatiently:


Then she refused to look at me.  "I'm reading Mom."



I was undeterred though because Mark wasn't finding anything (and had predictably looked at my suggestions like he was dying of thirst and I'd handed him saltines) and I was bored with waiting.

And besides that, I'll miss her.

I feel like I should take the day off and mourn.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails