Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Dangerous

I got a book from the library...


As I was trying out one of the recipes, I fantasized about trying out all of the recipes...except, of course, for the ones with alcohol.  They have a sort of "no" about them for the typical Mormon mothers of today.

I was thinking I could bake each cake and blog about it, a sort of Julie and Julia revisted...Thelma and Melissa?

Then I considered (see what I did there?) that if I systematically baked every cake in this book, I would systematically eat every cake in this book.  Oh, yes, I would.

I made the banana cake with chocolate frosting.  In the book (which reads like a novel if you ask me) she wrote that this recipe was adapted from a 70's Better Homes and Gardens cake recipe.

So I took pictures of the cake with my iphone instagram app with the "1977" filter.

my bundt cake frosting skills are sketchy


That's the kind of attention to detail you can expect from me.  When I make a 1970s cake, I'm going to take a 1970s picture.

When I tasted the cake, I determined that like everything else out of the 70s (it is when I was born), it was pretty spectacular.  Adam and children deemed it "a keeper" and I said perhaps the book was a keeper and I needed to make a cookbook purchase.

Then Adam, showing off, downloaded an app on Pinkie Pie called Price Check.  You can either take a photo of the front cover, scan the barcode with your phone or say the title of the book and the phone brings up the book on Amazon.com.  Wowee wow wow.  Except then I slipped my finger across the screen and the next thing I knew, it was confirming my purchase.

Wha?

"ADAM!?!"

I handed him the phone like it was poisonous and he assured me he could cancel the purchase.  I said, "Well, actually..." and I ended up purchasing the cookbook and 3 other books from Amazon that I was interested in as well.

I don't know which is more dangerous, cakes or Amazon.com.

Still.  Either way, what a way to go.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Jam today, cake yesterday. You're making this diet thing very difficult. That cookbook looks great! I would help you eat the cakes if you did the blog about cake thing (if you lived closer and if I weren't on this ring ding diet!).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails