Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

The First One

When I was in high school, I was at my Aunt Mary's house on Thanksgiving morning.  She opened a closet and showed me stacks of wrapped Christmas presents.  She told me, while grinning like a Cheshire cat, that her gifts were complete

It was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen.

I'm not quite as on the ball as my aunt, but I aspire to her greatness.  I aspire.

I get that not everyone shares this view.  Braeden told me his friends thought it was weird that I decorate for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving.  (Who didn't see that coming?  My kids talking with their friends about how weird I am.)

But I love it.  I'm the early bird and Christmas is the worm.  It combines everything I like:  planning ahead and buying gifts and Christmas!  What's not to love?

Yesterday I wrapped the first gift.  It was a rather big gift for Adam (Curious, Adam?) and I wasn't sure where to hide it so I decided to wrap it.

My mom told me "only Thelma" would take a picture of Christmas decorations.  I don't think that's strictly true but I took a picture of the first gift because I think my mom would also think "only Thelma" would do that.

When you're the middle-ish child in a big family I guess you'll do anything to get attention.

to Santa from the Mrs.



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails