Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My Lists Have Lists

I cope with any sort of busy-ness with list making.  Lists, lists, glorious lists!  They keep me from worry.  If it's on the list...it has a prayer of getting done.  My children know that mantra.  They know if they have a request for me, I need to write it down.

But around this time of year, my lists become monstrous.  There are the gifts (choosing, buying, wrapping, sending), there's the food (this year I'm trying several varieties of fudge...I have a list of the kinds I want to attempt), there are the to dos (send Christmas cards, plan events, decorate).

Then there's my regular full time jobs...home schooling and mothering and chauffeuring and housekeeping.

You know what I mean.  This isn't something unique to just me.

The other day I was talking to Stephanie.  She's my friend for very many reasons and here's one of them.  I told her I felt busy with the Christmas season upon us.  She said, "Yes.  But it's all joyful."

And it is.

pepperkaker hanging in my front window


I need to remember not to let the frenzy eclipse the joy.  Because that would really be missing the point.

2 comments:

Juli said...

I find that the craziness losses most of us this time of year.

My shopping is done.

This year all I have left is making cookies. :)

Olivia Cobian said...

Pepper-what? Are those really big cookies? They are lovely and they make me hungry--even if they're not cookies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails