Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Between

It's been hard to know how to dress lately.  We had 35 years (give or take) of cold rainy days.  I know how to dress for that.  Then we had a few days of brilliant sunshine.  I had to rethink things.  Then yesterday, I changed twice because cold and rainy returned and I was resisting the change.

Today is sunny again. 

I've had a similar problem at night.  I took the wonderfully heavy quilt off our bed my mom made us for our wedding because it was too warm.  But then I was too cold.  I wore more clothes to bed--fuzzy socks, long underwear, sweatshirt.  Then I woke up too warm. 

We had a landscaper over the other evening.  We discussed options for the hill in our yard that has been puzzling us since we moved in.  I like and dislike both ideas we talked about.  I can't decide.

My biggest concern lately has been balancing the needs of the rest of my family with the musical that Braeden is involved in.  They rely on parental involvement to make it a success and I'm...a parent.  Also, I really like a lot of the other parents and their kids (and Braeden) and I want to help.

But I have two other children.  And I'm also quite enamored with them, not to mention their charming dad.  It's hard to strike the right balance.

To mirror my indecision in other parts of my life, I had a few disjointed things I wanted to blog about.  Before going to bed last night, I asked Adam what I should blog about.

He said, "The usage of shall and will in modern and older English."  He went on to describe the differences and give examples of each.  Since it was right before bed, my cognizant thought was not at its peak, so I am unable to replicate that idea here.

I would like to say that I made a decision for breakfast.  I had peanut butter toast.  I was successful.  I was decisive.

It's a start.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Could Adam discourse as shall and will as a guest blogger? Pleeease?

Olivia Cobian said...

When you get a chance, I'd love that will/shall treatise.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails