Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Cheap trumps pretty

I spent an uncharacteristic amount of time deciding about which mixer to get to replace my old KitchenAid.  I valued the valuable comments from my valued readers.  I can see how a Bosch is a good machine but I decided I wanted a KitchenAid because they are familiar and I liked my old one and they're prettier.

Pretty trumps practical sometimes.

Then I couldn't decide between red and white.  I like red because, it's red! 

All my appliances are white and I like white and white is versatile and the other night I had a dream that I had a turquoise kitchen.  You never know when I might decide I want a turquoise kitchen and white would work.

White or red.  Red or white.  (I loved aqua too but couldn't commit to that.)

Then I went to Costco and saw that they had KitchenAid mixers...the exact ones I wanted..for $50 less than I had seen the white one and $100 less than I had seen the red one anywhere else!

They didn't have white.  They didn't have red.  They had silver.

Silver matches...my wedding ring?

Appreciate the challenge of taking this picture since I am left handed...I'd do anything for you. (As long as it's not harder than taking a picture of my left hand...don't get any ideas.)

And in the same way pretty trumps practical, sometimes cheap trumps pretty.

And it is kind of pretty...



2 comments:

Melanee said...

This is the same one I have. I love it. And I think it's beautiful. I'm glad you were able to settle this deeply personal question.

Butch Cassidy said...

What happened to the old bank, it was beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails