Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Chocolate Menaces



Yesterday our house was chilly and the box in my freezer where I keep cookies ready to put in school lunches was empty.

Time to bake cookies.

I decided to try something different.  (Marianne, I added my own special touch.) I changed up a recipe I already had.  Tweaking cookie recipes=my new thing.

Here's the recipe:

2 c flour
3/4 c cocoa
1/2 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 c butter
1/4 c peanut butter
a little less than 2 c sugar (I think the peanut butter adds sweetness so I cut the sugar back a bit)
2 eggs
2 t vanilla
1 c oatmeal
1 c (more or less) chocolate chips/peanut butter chips

The directions are the same as typical cookies:

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butters and sugar.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Add dry ingredients.  Add chocolate/peanut butter chips.  I had some peanut butter chips but not enough so I added some chocolate.  I'm not sure I needed either but you can't really go wrong adding chocolate chips, right?

Bake 10 minutes.

Mark helped me.  By that I mean he read his history aloud to me while I scooped cookie dough onto baking sheets and he was there to sample the finished product.

He said, "Do you have a name for these?"

I said no.

He said, "How about Chocolate Menaces?"

"Menaces?"

"Yeah," he said, "They're so good it's...criminal."  Then he smiled and took another cookie.

Sometimes I feel like Mark has a really arduous life.  I guess we both do.

Adam said they reminded him of No Bake Cookies (you know the peanut butter/chocolate/oatmeal kind).  So if you like those...

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I love Mark! "They're so good it's criminal!" What a clever kid!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails