Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Just a day

Saturday was a day like many other; unremarkable.  It would most likely slip into the oblivion of unremembered days but before I went to sleep that night, I thought about little things in the day that sort of delighted me.

--I made a blackberry cobbler with blackberries Stephanie gave me.  What's better, blackberry cobbler or friends that give you blackberries?

--I went to tell Mark it was time to go get his hair cut and he and his friend Cal were reclining in Adirondack chairs on our patio.  They were sipping ice water with colorful straws and poring over Lego magazines.  A boy version of a tea party.

--Adam and I were waiting to pick Braeden up and had 1/2 hour to kill.  We went to Bartell Drugs to window shop.  I suspect Adam and I could window shop anywhere.  We looked at displays and selected what we would buy.  We guessed what we thought the other one would buy.  (Adam is very obvious and looks at what he would buy.  It makes it really easy to guess.)  I showed him how real Q-tips are superior to the store brand or Johnson & Johnson.  We took our blood pressure.  We each bought a Cascade Ice.  We could have spent another half hour there.  There were aisles we didn't even go down.  The fact remains:  I could have fun with Adam anywhere, even in a Turkish prison camp.

--I saw "the cat walker." Mark and I see him often when we are out and about.  An otherwise normal looking guy walks around pushing a cat in a baby stroller.  Saturday a woman was with him.  His wife?  I wonder if a wicked witch turned their child into a cat and they're just trying to make the best of it.

--Braeden sat down near me in the late afternoon and said, "Mom, I haven't talked to you all day!  Let's talk."

--We watched The Pirates! Band of Misfits.  We laughed a lot.  And ate blackberry cobbler.

Just a day.  But, it was a good day.

What we see depends mainly on what we look for.
John Lubbock

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Great post. I want to know more about the guy with the cat. Do you think you could ask him for me?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails