Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

A significant blog post

Usually this blog is somewhere between inconsequential and trivial.  Occasionally it enters into the realm of frivolous.

Today is different.

Today I am going to write about something Important--chocolate chip cookies.

(See?  Now I have your attention.)

Over a year ago, I wrote about this.  I have been on a quest.  I have been trying to find The Perfect chocolate chip cookies.  I've tried several recipes.  I've tweaked, I've sampled, I've baked.

Here's what I have found:

The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies



(I know!)

I used a recipe I like and changed it a little and added oatmeal because I like them a bit more substantial.  (Especially since they march two by two into my kids' lunch bags.)  I don't take this claim lightly that these are the best.  They're good.

If you have a recipe you like better, please share.  In a world with hassles and to do lists and hard work and headstrong children and disease and laundry and dishes, at least there are chocolate chip cookies!

the recipe:

2 c. plus 2 T. flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
3/4 c. butter (melted and cooled until warm)
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla (I never measure this, just a generous splash.  This horrifies Emma.  She's a measurer.)
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips
1 c. old fashioned oats (these cookies are good without the oatmeal, I just like oatmeal cookies...you could use quick oatmeal if you want a happy medium)

Preheat oven to 325.  In a mixer, combine butter and sugars, beat in eggs and vanilla.  Add the dry ingredients and beat until just combined.  Stir in chocolate chips.

I use silicone baking sheets but you could use parchment paper.  In the absence of either of those, I don't know if you should grease the pans or not.  (I never promised you good recipe instructions, just good cookies.)

Bake 11-14 minutes, depending on how big you make your cookies.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails