Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Adjust

Every once in a while, though not very often, I'll talk to one of my sisters and they'll tell me that they are struggling.  They confess they are discouraged, feeling inadequate.

All I can think is, "What?!?"

To me, my sisters are superstars.  They accomplish amazing feats.  They are good women.  They work really hard.  Their hearts are in the right place.  In my mind, they should be high-fiving the mirror every morning and feeling good about the lives they are living.

They should see themselves like I see them!

Then, sometimes I consider maybe I should see myself the way they see me.  They love me.  They know I'm trying.  They think I'm OK.

For the days when you feel like you do not measure up, adjust your vision and see yourself the way someone you love sees you.

If all else fails, channel your grandmother.  (My grandma always thinks I'm doing something right.)

1 comment:

Anna said...

Seeing ourself with the grace we see others with is super hard sometimes. You're right about channeling grandma. She was always in my corner.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails