Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Clothes

If you get the inside right, the outside will fall into place.
Eckhart Tolle

I will go with the above quotation because I'm not that great at "the outside."  The inside seems like more in the realm of my control.

You've got to wear clothes though.

I don't want to spend the time or money it would require to be a fashionista.  (Plus, I lack the interest/patience for extensive shopping and let's face it, the skill.)

You've got to wear clothes though.

I have been thinking about this, thinking about being authentic with clothes and here's what I have determined:  it all has to do with comfort.

I want to be comfortable in my clothes.

That doesn't mean wearing my pajamas all day--although they're comfortable.

For me, it means wearing a dress or skirt to church because I wouldn't feel comfortable if I didn't.

For me, it means having a high enough neckline and low enough hemline to be comfortable.  And sleeves.

For me, it means finding clothes to wear that I feel OK in.

For me, it means no itchy wool sweaters.  (Sorry itchy wool sweaters.  It's not you, it's me.)

For me, it means mostly jeans but some skirts in the summer.  I decided I'm a skirt wearer in hot weather.  People ask, "What are you all dressed up for?"

I say Costco.  Or the library.  I just like a skirt on a hot day.  It makes me comfortable.

In the absence of being a fashion icon, that's worth a lot.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails