Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Keep on keeping on


Inspiration exists, but it has to find us working.
Pablo Picasso

Love that.

We have to keep showing up.  We have to plod along on our daily round, doing what we think are the most important things.  It may seem sometimes like we're spinning our wheels.  We're doing the same things over and over but there's nothing all that inspiring about any of it.

Occasionally though, we are able to catch a little glimpse.

At times I can look around my life that isn't all that noteworthy and see that it's a pretty good place.

This morning I was putting on my shoes before leaving to pick up the seminary carpool and drive them from the church to the school.  The downstairs was dark but the heat had kicked on and felt wonderful.  There were flowers on the table and cookies on the counter and the living room was scattered with dessert plates and water glasses leftover from my writing group last night.  I sighed happily.  I could see the dim outlines of our furniture and belongings that I love.  I felt a deep fondness and gratitude for my home and my life (and let's face it, the cookies).    

As long as we're working, as long as we're striving, we can gradually make our world what we want it to be.  With our perspective aligned and our head down we keeping doing the work.

And when we lift up our eyes and see the beauty around us, it will be worth it.


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I am having a devilish time trying to leave a comment! I really like this post and it is encouraging to read today--I am just spinning wheels all the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails