Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Fiction in my writing group

Last night my writing group met at our house.

(I love it when my writing group meets.)

Somehow in the course of our conversation, someone mentioned how my house is always clean.

(I think my jaw dropped.)

(I think I saw Adam, who was in the kitchen at the time, try not to laugh.)

"My house isn't clean all the time!" I protested.  "I knew you were coming."

One of my friends said that awhile ago, when she had Emma come over to babysit, she wanted to have her house looking perfect.

Then I was really shocked.  Emma's room is often like a tornado scene.  I promise Emma wouldn't feel uncomfortable in a less than perfect house!

When they think my house is clean all the time, by house they really mean living room and by all the time, they really mean every time we meet for writing group.  I feel like a fraud if anyone thinks my house is always clean.

That is fiction.

Here is what is non fiction though:  those wonderful ladies, deluded into thinking my house is perfect, those ladies can write!

Every second Tuesday of the month (when my living room is all spiffed up in their honor), they inspire me with their writing and advice and goodness--because our conversation always meanders to other aspects of our lives as well.

It's the best possible sort of non fiction.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Results is what I'm after. What happens in your book?? Hurry!

Melanee said...

Your house IS always clean. I've stayed there and I was shocked at how it never seemed to get more than just slightly untidy. Even with guests. Nonfiction.

lifeatthewhitehouse said...

You rock, Thelma. It was a really fun night, like ALWAYS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails