Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

Impossible strength

This month, I have been struggling to teach the children at church, in primary, about the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  Struggling because it's a hard concept to teach to children.

What is not hard is to recognize the Atonement's power.

My heart and prayers have been with my friend Sue and her family this week.  Her parents were murdered, in their home, by their own grandson.  He was troubled and newly released from prison.  He had suffered from substance abuse.  The whole situation was so tragic, overwhelming.

A few days ago, Sue wrote on facebook, thanking her friends for their support and prayers.  She expressed her knowledge of Heavenly Father's and Jesus Christ's love for her.  She wrote that she felt her burdens lightened by her Savior.  She demonstrated the depth of her character and the power of the Atonement when she said that she forgives her nephew.  I am humbled by her goodness.

I know that strength, that impossible strength, doesn't come by any other way than accepting the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  I also know that it doesn't happen overnight.  I may not be able to make my beloved little primary children really understand it all yet.

If I can give them a tiny inkling though, a small step forward on the path, I will be grateful.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails