Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Living to tell the tale

I am seriously not cut out for rock concerts.  They are loud and late and crowded.

(And pretty amazing and great.)

Remember when we went to Imagine Dragons?  We were about ten feet from the stage?

This was a little different.



Above is Owl City.  They opened the concert. 

My favorite part of their performance was Fireflies:


You would not believe your eyes
If ten million fireflies
Lit up the world as I fell asleep

Next was Neon Trees.  It just kept getting better.  The downside of Neon Trees was that two women sat in front of us and spent a half hour (I am not kidding) trying to get a satisfactory picture of themselves, taken with a cell phone.  They had no aim.  Finally Adam tapped them on the shoulder and held out his hand for the phone.  He snapped a picture and handed it back to them.  They were thrilled with the results and then left for different seats.

It's like I tell my children.  The sad thing about life is that the dumb people you went to high school with don't just go away.  They're out there.  In the world.

Here's Neon Trees:


The lead singer is the one in the middle with super skinny legs and super skinny jeans.  He was a sensational dancer and I loved their music.

I kept thinking though, that if your legs are that skinny, you shouldn't wear skinny jeans.  That should be a rule.

(Maybe it should also be a rule that I don't blog when I have a headache because this is sounding a little cranky.)

 (I'll be nicer.)  

The last act was MAROON 5!

You'll have to trust me that that's Adam Levine.  The combination of dim lights, far distance, my phone for a camera and my sketchy-at-best photography skills came up with this:



But that's Adam Levine!

The Maroon 5 part of the concert was fabulous.  I loved it and I loved looking down the row and seeing Braeden and Emma singing every word. 

I took earplugs for us to wear and Braeden and Emma ignored them.  When they were babies and I would take them for walks on the streets of New Haven in a stroller, I would clamp my hands over their ears if a firetruck screamed by.

All that protection of their hearing just to have it blasted to bits at a rock concert.

What can you do?

We got home about midnight.  Adam did the morning seminary carpool (and he drove Emma to school because she missed the bus) so I could sleep in a little.  He keeps proving to me over and over that when I married him, I did a really good thing.

We are tired and cranky today.  It would kill me off to do this on a regular basis.

But it was pretty great.

again, you'll just have to believe me...that's Adam Levine


 

3 comments:

Janet said...

I think I am going to buy you a pair of skinny jeans for your birthday, you know . . . since you like them so much. :)

Jennifer said...

I loved the part about the firetrucks and hearing protection. Hilarious. I'm glad you got to go. Very fun.

Olivia Cobian said...

I want to know how you covered four ears with two hands.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails