Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

I missed my chance



Recently I read in Reader's Digest about a dad who had each of his daughter's school teachers, from kindergarten on up, write a little something to her on the pages of the Dr. Seuss book, Oh the Places You'll Go.  He presented her with the book upon her high school graduation.

I loved that idea! I love that book and I like sentimental gifts like that.

I lamented that I didn't know the idea earlier.  My kids are too old for me to be starting something like that.  My mind returned to the gift over and over.  Such a lovely gift!  I wish I'd done that for my kids!

Then I remembered I homeschooled my children.

They didn't go to kindergarten (or first grade, second grade, etc).

Then I thought what you perhaps have suspected all along may be true.  I'm not always the sharpest knife in the drawer.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

We weren't going to say anything. . .

Emma said...

Oh, Mama.

Olivia Cobian said...

So, are you going to do the gift idea? I bet you can pose as your former self and write an inscription for each year of school!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails