Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

I'm not a doctor, but I play one in Palm Desert


Adam wasn't feeling well.  He had a sore throat.  And possibly a fever?  We don't have a thermometer--we're on a vacation/business trip.  It's questionable whether we have one at home either though.  We're more of a touch-test-for-fever sort of family.  It's very scientific.

We have had our run ins with strep throat enough to know that we don't want to mess around with it.  I found a walk in clinic that would take our insurance and we headed out.  (We took Emma and Mark with us.  They didn't want to go but I didn't want to leave them behind so they came.  Because I'm the mom, that's why.)

We waited a while.  Then Adam was gone a loooooong while, more waiting in the exam room.  The whole thing was frustrating and took forever.  For as long as we waited, the doctor had very little time to spend on Adam.  The strep test came back negative though so that was happy news.

We left with a prescription which may or may not make Adam feel better.  I have my suspicions about the whole thing.  Maybe because of the doctor's name.

Dr. Faux.

Can we trust him?

Completely unrelated to this post (but they did happen in the same zip code, just on a different day), here are some pictures Emma and I took when we were amusing ourselves waiting for Adam to be done with work and ready to go to lunch with us.  (Mark was amusing himself eating chips.)

We took turns with the camera.

The portraits:


The carpet:

The feet:

The loveliness:


The drama:


Then we had lunch.

Tonight we see our boy Braeden again.  I've missed him.  Seeing him will soften the whole back-to-reality blow.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Was that really the doctor's name?? I wish you were going to be here this weekend.

Thelma said...

It really was. Poor guy's genuineness has probably been doubted his whole life.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails