Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

The social event of (our) year

I promise, this is the last mention of our birthdays.  (Blogging seems to encourage narcissism.)

We had a party!  It was fun!  We invited our friends and most of them came! (OK, I'll stop yelling.) Luckily, Geri agreed to host the party because her house is much better at accommodating crowds.  Also, she knows how to host a party.

She created a lovely table.


Complete with replicas of the invitations that Adam made:

the invitations made me unreasonably happy
We displayed our birthday pictures:



Our children stood at the door checking tickets and in the absence of tickets, checked "the list" before they let people enter.

The boys are trying to look formidable but my money is on Emma.

They enjoyed the role.  Maybe a little too much.  They had hand selected people (like Eric and Janet) that they wouldn't let enter.  They said they weren't on the list.  (Of course, it was only because Eric and Janet are like an uncle and aunt to them and they knew they could get away with it!)

There aren't too many pictures of the event.  It was a crowded, happy and wonderful time.  And also, it is increasingly clear that I am not photogenic.  It is not getting better with time.  Jill tried heroically to get a flattering picture of me.  Since I didn't really get one of those though, here are Jill and Mike:


From now on, I think I'll just post pictures of my pretty friends.

Thank you Geri for throwing us a great party.  Thank you to my wonderful friends who brought my favorite foods. (I was not shy.  I gave my three besties assignments.  And I didn't share the leftovers.)  Thank you everyone for coming.  Thank you, thank you my heart sings!!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails