Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Driving Miss Emma

My dad has a saddle that I used to use sometimes.  My dad liked the saddle.  He would tell me, when I used the saddle, that he loved the saddle more than me so to make sure I came home with the saddle.  (I'm sure he was teasing me.  I think he was teasing me. Wait, was he teasing me?)

I think I feel the same way about my van.  I am squeamish about letting Braeden drive it.  (Also, I'm squeamish about Braeden driving.  Period.)

Yesterday Braeden had to go to the YMCA for an Aqua Zumba class as part of his swim instructor training.  He cajoled his sister into going with him.  (And of all of Braeden's skills, his cajoling skills are maybe his most proficient.) I sent them in my van.  (Their adventure in Aqua Zumba is its own entertaining tale but it's best told by them, complete with a physical reenactment.)

"Be careful," I begged.

"If you kill me, I will haunt you," Emma said.

And she probably would.

They came home unscathed.  Hopefully that threat will keep them safe.  (Sometimes she reminds me so much of Olivia that I accidentally call her Olivia.  It's a compliment to both girls.)

I should state here that it was luxurious and wonderful to not take Braeden to the YMCA.  I can see my life getting better in the near future...if I can keep my worries at bay.  And if we can get him a car to drive that I love less than the van.  Progress is slow.  We have delayed car buying syndrome.  It's a problem...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails