Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Mama bear

It's not pretty.  It's nothing close to pretty.  Not attractive, lovely, good-looking, nice-looking, personable, fetching, prepossessing, appealing, charming, delightful, cute, as pretty as a picture, bonny, easy on the eye...none of those.

Occasionally she makes an appearance.  The Mama Bear.  The person who acts in unaccountable ways.  The woman who does things that don't in any way resemble what Thelma would do.  It's a real problem.

When I feel like my children have been wronged, I become a different person altogether.  Sometimes feistier and braver than my rational self and sometimes I cry and embarrass myself.  Last night was the latter.

I'm still embarrassed.  (Did you think I was going to tell you the whole story?  I'm not going to tell you the whole story.  It's embarrassing.  Maybe when I've moved on to it being funny I'll tell you the story.)

At least Janet was there to make me feel better.

I don't know how to not be like this.  There should have been some sort of vetting process that happened before I was allowed to be a mother.  Someone should have stamped Too Crazy across my file.  Next.

Usually I keep my head down and don't talk to people.  That is a good system.  That's what I need to stick with.  That and never leaving home again.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

There is so much mystery laced in this post that if you hadn't already told me what happened, I would be demanding the whole story!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails