Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Half season again

Our kids' birthdays all come in a row.  So of course their half birthdays are the same.  Mark's half birthday is first up.  It's today but we celebrated it Friday because Braeden "My-Life-is-Now-Over" Davis has a training meeting for his summer job tonight because his...life is sort of over.

Mark wanted chocolate cupcakes.  He further requested that they have crushed M&Ms on top.  I'm all about fulfilling (half) birthday dreams, but not really.  I just placed a few M&Ms on each one. (So I halfway fulfilled his request for his half birthday...)  He also very specifically wanted 11 cupcakes.  Ten for the full candles and then one for the half candle (since he's 10 1/2).  When I was frosting the cupcakes, Mark was disapproving.

"I thought you were going to make 11," he said.

"Yep."

"But there are 24."

I told him that's how many cupcakes a cake mix made.  He could still put candles in 11 of them.  "Oh, then we'll have leftovers," he realized happily. 

(Maybe about this time I was ready to call off the whole celebration.)

But we sang Happy Birthday:


Then before blowing out the candles, he stopped and started eating some bread.  "What are you doing?" we all asked.

also, I'm not sure why his bread is so delightful but he looks happy
"I thought you were going to sing again," he said.

(Which makes sense because we always sing Happy Birthday twice so the tyrant child celebrating his birthday can have a snack during the second rendition.)

No wait, that's never happened.

We assured Mark we were done singing and he blew out the candles.


Then we all had a few cupcakes.  (Because there were extras.)

Besides the cupcakes, I also celebrated the fact that after months of deliberation, Mark finally arrived at what he wanted for a birthday present.  Even better, I could get it from Amazon and use my Prime free shipping.  Amazon Prime is my love language.

Having a Mark is the best though.  He always always keeps things interesting in my life. 

And I like things interesting.

Happy 10 1/2 to my baby boy who is less baby every day but still my boy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails