Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A picture for my sisters and a question for my brothers

We ordered a new couch a while ago and it arrived last weekend.  One of my sisters requested a picture.  I can't remember which one but perhaps they'd both like to see our new arrival?

and there's Horace too--our most photogenic family member

We like it.  It is much smaller than our old couch and much less white so it works better.

Now I want to repaint the room.

(I don't have much constancy when it comes to home furnishings but to my credit, I almost always order the same thing in restaurants.)

I am considering a greyish blue which seems lovely and also crazy because I live in Seattle and who in their right mind that lives in Seattle would paint their walls grey?  Me.  Maybe.  I haven't decided.

And now a question for my brothers:

I want a windowsill in my living room.  My kitchen too, while we're talking about it.  Have any of you every built a windowsill?  Was it hard?  Could someone with my limited skill accomplish such a task?  A better question--would one of you like to come and visit me and build me a windowsill?  I would feed you hodge podge and homemade bread.  Also I would give you cherry pie, Enoch.  Tabor, I would give you yellow cake with chocolate frosting.  Ammon, what is your favorite dessert?  (My best guess is something chocolate but that could just be me.) You'd better come and visit so I can learn.  I would have cinnamon toast and watermelon for you though.

How can you boys resist this fabulous and definitely not limited time offer? 

(Don't give me lame excuses like you have jobs and lives of your own.)

7 comments:

Janet said...

Cute couch!

Marianne said...

I was the requestor. Thank you.

Ammon said...

Depending on what you want I'm sure you could pull it off. You may have to take a measurement though. Chocolate is a good choice. For the dessert, not the window sill.

Enoch said...

I just posted a long comment...then it disappeared. I'll try to re-create. I think you could do it. There are numerous options from a flat single dimension sill, a sill with a crown base, a sill with bracket braces, etc. Your dessert invite and food in general sound amazing. Can you send a picture of the windows, specifically the bottom portion?

Tyrone said...

This post moved me. Thank you.

Olivia Cobian said...

Who the samhill is Tyrone? I love your couch and I think your wall looks great with it, but what do I know about decorating (or anything for that matter)?

Thelma said...

Tyrone is the nom de plume of your weird nephew and niece. I personally am not related to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails