Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I think I was craving color


The next step after the rugs were all sewn together to make one colorful rug was to make curtains.  I use "make" loosely because I bought the curtains from IKEA.  The plain white kind.  Then I cut shapes out of fabric and glued them on.  I also hemmed the curtains for the kitchen sliding glass doors.  (Which was kind of a disaster.  Measuring and I are not a match made in heaven.  We are not friends.  We can't even be civil to each other sometimes.)

I lamented to Adam the evening he came home to a train wreck of a kitchen (actually the whole downstairs--there were pins and fabric scraps everywhere) with no dinner prepared and a train wreck of a wife because of the measuring woes.  He said that it was all fine.  "You're creative," he said.  "That's messy."

I love that guy.

Braeden surveyed the room and said, "You know what I love most about this room?  It's so colorful.  And you did all of it."

I love that guy too.

And I love gluing curtains too it turns out.


1 comment:

Marianne said...


Wow! Where did you get that idea? I like it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails