Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A new paint frontier

I tried something new.  I had my kids help me paint.  It turned out to be a good idea.  They all come with unique abilities.  Braeden is tall and able to tape door frames without the use of a chair to stand on.  He also is really good at moving furniture.  (He does, however, paint like a drunk man.  We did most of the painting while he was at scout camp.)  It should come as no surprise that Emma, the one who ran to her room crying and slammed the door when she was four-years-old because she couldn't form the letter G perfectly, should be quality control.  She's something of a...perfectionist.  I just had to encourage her to use a nice tone of voice when she was indicating our mistakes.  Mark brings unbridled enthusiasm to the table.  He also can dismantle or reassemble anything.  He was the one we sent for glasses of ice water or to answer the phone when it rang.  He is a quick and sloppy painter but we had Emma to point that out and to then fix everything.

I told the kids that I was glad to have them help because then I could blame them for the goofs.  Emma said, "Not me."  I told her I would when she was at school and unable to defend herself.

I initially thought I should have them help me paint because it would teach them a new skill and, of course, because it would be helpful.  A side bonus was they made it a lot more fun too.

There is more I want to paint.  Making the trim white is addictive.  I think I'd better hang up the paintbrush for a while though.  I need to do things like laundry and grocery shopping.

(I would rather paint.)

Before pictures are not really my strong suit but here's a picture of how the room looked a few months before.  Nothing stays the same for very long around here.


Here's how it all ended up.







4 comments:

Marianne said...

Lovely!

Olivia Cobian said...

Your home is so beautiful, and so CLEAN!

Enoch said...

It looks great Thelma!!! Sometimes before and after pictures are more effective when taken from the exact or close to exact same place or angle. Just a casual observation. Looks good!

Thelma said...

I know Enoch. I'm way too impatient to stop and take a before picture though. I just have to scroll through old pictures and find an earlier one from the room. It loses some of the impact. I know.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails