Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

Right in the heart of the golden west

(The title of this post? You know, from the Nevada state song?  Everyone knows that, right?)


Exciting news in this part of the world.  Our very own Hans Jorgensen got his mission call--to the Reno Nevada mission!  Hurray for Nevada!  I am jealous of Hans and thrilled for him.  I am also happy for Nevada because they are getting Hans Jorgensen!

Lucky day all around.

I have my dear Aunt Olivia and Uncle Brad in Sparks.

I have three uncles and their families in Fallon.

I have cousins and second cousins scattered all around.

And if Hans ends up here:


Well, then you know what that means:


I was considering what fabulous cooks Marianne, Olivia and Jennifer are.  They will feed Hans well.  Then I remembered, my mom will be home! 

Oh, he is in good hands.


After church on Sunday, I sang the Nevada state song to Eric in the hallway.  (Adam helped me.)

the land of the setting sun

It's possible that I'm a little bit thrilled.



Adam said, "You're really into this.  It's kind of surprising how excited you are."



Adam is right.  I think it's because there is this whole part of me...this Nevada part...that most people don't understand.  Now Hans will understand.  One of my own will get it.  (The Jorgensens, whether they like it or not, are considered mine.) 


He'll know about the way everything turns the gray green of sagebrush at dusk.

He'll see fabulous sunsets that are like nothing else.

He'll see stars, uncluttered by clouds and light pollution.  He. Will. See. Stars.  And the enormous swath that is the Milky Way.

He'll drive on lonely roads where everyone you meet waves at you whether they know you or not.

Ah, Nevada.  I love that place.

5 comments:

Janet said...

Do you like to make me cry? :) I love you and I love Nevada, even if Hans weren't going there. It's beautiful and some of my favorite people hail from Nevada. Heavenly Father loves Hans!
p.s. Eric will be jealous about the stars.

Janet said...

I must also mention that I love your dear sweet family too! (Even BEFORE I knew they may be feeding my boy. :))

Olivia Cobian said...

You think you're excited? We can't wait to get Elder Jorgensen! I hope so much he serves in our ward! We love good missionaries here!

Marianne said...

I am so excited too! We'll pray him to the Wells Ward!

connie holstun said...

Oh Thelma what a beautiful blog Janet shared with me this morning.
You have brought great comfort to me in knowing Hans is going to be with family for the next 2 years. Thank you Father God for your Grace and Mercy. The Lord has given your family a wonderful blessing by sharing Hans and the same for Hans in being placed among your family. God is good all the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails