Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

St George to Salt Lake

We went back to the St. George temple in the light of day.


After chatting for awhile with a senior missionary lady from Wyoming (because Adam is friendly like that) he took a picture of us in front of the temple.


He said something about it being hard to get a good picture because it is "so white" which I thought was kind of rude.

Then he said he didn't mean my legs, he meant the temple.

After that we climbed into our van and headed north.  We had a pit stop in Beaver, UT.


Braeden said, "I love Beaver too, but only to a point."

(I don't know if that point is above or below the level that he would want one of those t-shirts.)

We had lunch at In n Out Burger where the drinks are nearly as big as Mark.


This would not have happened in New York City.

Once in Salt Lake, we went to my grandma's house.  It is hard to think of a better way to spend time than visiting my grandma.  We chatted and schemed about her bedroom.  Her bedspread and window valances were bugging her.  She was ready to be done with them.  Yesterday.

I get this.  She is where I came from.  The aesthetics of her surroundings matter to her and when she wants a change, she wants a change.

Adam and Braeden took the valances down and Grandma and I looked online for alternative bedspreads.

While we were doing that, Adam was down in the cool basement taking pictures of pictures.

Feast your eyes on this awesomeness:

Me, Marianne, Tabor (his posture, I'm glad to say, has improved), Olivia and Enoch
Apparently it was the year of the vest.  And that may be the single time in Enoch's life that he looked shy.

Adam also snapped a photo of me hugging my grandma:

I can't explain what this dear woman means to me.
Right when we were about to leave, my grandma got the idea to put a quilt my cousin Jenny had made on her bed for a bedspread.  It is a beautiful quilt.  I said, "Let's do it!" and she said, "Well, you need to go..."  (My family was in the car, waiting.)

Like I said, I get my grandma.  She wanted a new bedspread.  Yesterday.  I called out to Adam that I would be a few more minutes and he said no problem. We arranged the quilt and it looked lovely.  Then we scampered downstairs for shams to match.  I said, "Just tell me where they are and I'll run down and get them."

She said, "No, I'll run down and get them."

It's only been very recently that I can outrun my grandma but I did get there first.

We were both happy with the results in the bedroom.  I wish I lived closer and could spend more time with my wonderful grandma...

Our next stop though was meeting Ammon and Melanee and their darlings for dinner.  We ate at the Blue Lemon which contrary to it's name, wasn't full of moldy citrus.  It was good food.  Then we went to a park so the little ones could play and we could visit.

My favorite thing about this picture is that Ammon and I are sitting the same way.  I notice this phenomenon a lot with my siblings.  I also loved that all three kids were wearing green.  Team Cousin.
Braeden played with the kids for awhile (not pictured).

Emma got her foot stuck in one of the little kid swings (not pictured--thankfully).

And Mark pushed Cormac on the swing:

Again, it was not long enough but we'll be back.  In less than a month.  Which sounds a little dismal when I've just been in the car so long.  But I'll recover, and be ready to go again!

1 comment:

Marianne said...

That picture of you and Grandma is so sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails