Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

A good thing about husbands...and blogs

All week I have felt a low grade anxiety.  Last night Adam told me that this has happened before.  (To his credit, he didn't say it in a "here we go again" sort of way, but in a "I get you" sort of way.)

He pointed out that I'm not good with transition.  I thrive on routines and time with my children.

It's no wonder that I feel anxiety.

My life is on the cusp of being upended.  Back to school means a shuffle of Everything and every back to school means my kids are a year older and I'm at the stage of parenting where I feel like I'm on a slippery slope of time with them so that doesn't help me feel any better.

I wondered if I did feel this way last year too.  I looked at my blog.  (Because it's the closest thing I have to a journal.)  Almost exactly a year ago, I wrote this.

This year feels different than last year.  More intense.  More busyness, less time with my children.

But I survived that. 

And I'll survive this.

I'm glad I have Adam (and my blog) to remind me.  This has happened before.  I keep reminding myself that different doesn't mean worse.

My family is helping me cope.  Emma gave me a wide berth which I appreciated.  Mark and Braeden flanked me on either side and insisted their proximity and back rubs and foot rubs would help which I appreciated.  Then after they were sent to bed, I cried in Adam's arms.  A good soaking cry.  Everything's going to be all right.


1 comment:

Marianne said...

I'm with you. Football practice during school will be at 5:30. :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails