Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

The perfect one: updated

Yesterday Robert posted this picture of Marianne and my mom on Facebook.


They are in Nauvoo.  Marianne and Robert and family are in the Nauvoo Pageant and Marianne is in costume, giving my mom a ride in a handcart.  (What I don't know is why the handcart.)  Even with the handcart ride though, Marianne is not the one my mom calls her perfect child.

Olivia has been doing yard work at my parents' house in preparation for them coming home.  But she is not the one my mom calls her perfect child either.

Olivia came up with an idea for a birthday present for my dad.  She sent us all an email about it.  Enoch and I both sent back emails saying, "Yes!  We're in!"

Neither of us are the ones my mom calls her perfect child.

If Tabor didn't live here...

...and therefore off the grid much of the time, I'm pretty sure he would have answered that he was in on the gift too.

But Tabor is not the one that my mom calls her perfect child.

Here is the email Ammon sent:

So you guys give gifts to our parents for their birthdays and things like that? I hadn't ever really thought of that. I guess it's a good idea though. I'm in.

Love,
Ammon
The rest of us can try as much as we want, he is the one who my mom refers to as her perfect child.

(The other five of us agree with my mom though.  The kid makes me laugh.)



Update:  I don't think Tabor had seen this post (imagine!) but I just got his email about the gift idea.  It was a very funny and Tabor-like email and included this at the end:
I have been hearing a lot on the radio about the government reading private e-mails. I am doing my part to make them not want to do that.
I wish my siblings and I could all live next door to each other but getting their emails is something of a condolence.  I love those guys.

4 comments:

Enoch said...

It should be noted that Ammon's primary edge in the perfect child race is due to his clean cut grooming habits.... I'd like to think without my pangent worthy or inactive child bearded status I'd at least be in the conversation....afterall I am Buffy!

Ammon said...

So, when are our parents birthdays?

TABOR said...

The reason you don't think I read your blog is because I don't comment and the reason I don't comment is because I have a hard time reading the words that prove I am not a robot.

Olivia Cobian said...

Enoch, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I think Ammon was considered the perfect one even before you all could grow facial hair.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails