Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Pizza quest 8

I have a backlog of these to blog about.  I think I kind of forgot.  Back when Mark was still gone, we went to Boston Pizza.  It is a chain so I don't think it should have counted--we're avoiding places like Pizza Hut and Little Caesar's because they are chains.  Also because they aren't that great.

Sometimes we break our own rules though.  That's the beauty of making up your own quests.

The restaurant was OK as restaurants go.  I would prefer if there weren't TV screens in all the corners of every place we go to but there was a baseball game on and it led us to reminisce to the last time I was a loyal Mariner's fan, back when they were having a great season.  (I don't know if you can call it a loyal fan if that's the only time I'm loyal...)

So reminiscing about baseball is kind of fun.

We ordered the cheese pizza:


Eh.  It was nothing special.  Especially the crust.  It was bland and tasted like a pretzel after someone had licked all the salt off of it.

The specialty pizza we ordered was a barbecue chicken.  I usually like this kind of pizza a lot.  This one was pretty good at first.  The sauce was good.  The fresh cilantro was a nice touch.  And then you'd get to the end of the slice and taste nothing but the dead crust that tasted like your foot was asleep.
 

So I went away from Boston Pizza thinking, yeah, we never need to go back.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails