Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Wonderful

Too much of a good thing can be wonderful.
Mae West

We had a four day weekend which was wonderful.

We had our Valentine 7 course meal which was wonderful.

We had two birthday cakes.  Do I even need to say it?  Wonderful.

It was decadent but I promise I'll eat broccoli the rest of the week (maybe).

First. the birthday girl with her birthday cakes:


Sunday we celebrated with Grandma Geri.  I made spaghetti with browned butter and mizithra cheese, I made homemade sour dough bread which I'm sort of learning to make but I'm not there yet.  I also made her a cherry cake.


Monday some of her friends came over and I made a chocolate cake with strawberry cream filling.  Any day you make a chocolate cake when you have half a cake sitting on the counter, it's a pretty good day.

They ate pizza and giggled about boys.  They watched a Harry Potter movie which they all knew backward and forward.  They spoke to each other in sign language, French, German and Cambodian.  None of them understood each other but that didn't seem to matter.  (It was maybe one of the nerdiest things I've ever witnessed and that's saying something!) They are all magnificently musical and they sang Happy Birthday to Emma in amazing harmony.

I like these girls.

We had our fancy pants seven course meal on Valentine's Day.  I promised my mom pictures:

bouquet of flowers furnished by my Valentine who knows my love language
Emphasis on chocolate covered cherries because well, obviously...
The only thing we'd change is that the big kids need more food.  All those courses seemed ample but Braeden could have gone for about 5 times that much steak.  

I was just happy with the caprese salad skewers and the cheese and chocolate covered cherries.

2 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

Fancy. What was your soup?

Thelma said...

It was a minestrone soup that Geri brought. I didn't know the type yet when I made the menu. It was GOOD.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails