Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Drama mama

At Glacier Peak, we were spoiled rotten.  Not only did we have a fancy and state of the art facility but we had this great photographer who took wonderful pictures I could post on my blog and stare at to remember the spectacle that happened on the stage.

If there's a photographer here, I don't know about it.  I may try to take a few blurry cell phone shots...that always works so well?

The theater isn't as posh, but the kids!  They blow me away.  Such talent!  Granted they are mostly Mormons and Mormon kids start singing at a very young age.  Three year olds belt out "Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam" with vigor and enthusiasm and then they sing every Sunday at church for the rest of their live long days.

So these kids...they sing.

And they are great actors and it is all sorts of fun to watch.  They work hard and are a sweaty and happy mess by the end.  I love my kids coming home, euphoric and riding high on the great time they had.  They love being part of something that makes people happy.  My eyes are on Braeden the whole time he's on stage.  As far as I'm concerned, he's where the action is.

Emma is a very serious tech crew member.  I am proud of my girl!  She auditioned for the play but the competition is stiff (again with all the talented singing Mormon kids).  She was happy her brother got cast and switched gears for herself and put all of her energy into being on the tech crew.  She's gone early and stayed late and worked hard.  She doesn't get the applause and the accolades but she's every bit a part of making the magic happen.

I'm very grateful that so many of our family members are coming to watch.  Marianne and her kids came Monday (and Braeden was matchmaking friends and cousins), Geri is coming today, more family will come and watch tomorrow and Friday and it only compounds the joy to share it with people we love.

I miss the Glacier Peak drama program.  I loved those kids and that stage.  I loved the other moms and our camaraderie working in the trenches together.   It was all pretty stressful too though.  It is nothing short of luxury to go watch the show and just...enjoy.

There's no business like show business...

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

We can't wait to see the show tomorrow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails