Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Currency

Mark had a baby tooth--a molar--that refused to let go.  Emma had the same thing when she was younger.  His permanent tooth had grown in underneath and the baby tooth was pushed off to the side but it persistently hung on.  Mark refused to let Adam touch it.  (Adam is the tooth puller around here.  I don't know who comes up with these divisions of labor, but that is his department.)

I told Adam that Mark had a dentist appointment soon and he could get it pulled then.  Adam pointed out that the dentist would charge a lot for something he could easily do.  So, I offered Mark $10 if he would let Adam pull out his tooth.  He tried to bargain for $15, but I was firm and he agreed.  He was happy; I was happy.  (He immediately bought a Lego set.)

Mark's currency:  currency--green American folding money.

I try to coax Emma into taking a walk with me when she gets home from school every day.  She rarely wants to.  Yesterday, because I knew she had a big paper due today, I told her that I would log her onto the computer only if she walked with me.  So, of course she relented to the walk.  (I felt like a genius.  A slightly evil and manipulative genius, but still a genius.)

Emma's currency:  getting her homework done.

I decided I wanted a big plant.  A big sun loving plant because what I have in spades is sunshine.  Furthermore, I decided a fiddle leaf fig tree was my heart's desire.  When Braeden got home from rehearsal, since I needed him to come along to carry the fiddle leaf fig tree after I purchased it, I said, "How much do you love me, on a scale of one to fiddle leaf fig tree?"

He said, "Ummmm."

I showed him a picture of a fiddle leaf fig tree (which is really fun to say).  I said, "Will you go with me to find one?"

He said, "Sure."

Braeden's currency:  he is always up for an adventure...and he rarely has homework.

We were non-triumphant in our quest but neither of us have the attention span to keep questing for too long.  He talked me into this plant.


I think it is lovely in its little corner (but it is on a stand with wheels so it may prove to be a nomadic plant).  I will still keep a lookout for a fiddle leaf fig tree.  (Because they are so fun to say...and I have enough sunshine for both.)

2 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

I like your tree. It looks so tropical!

Deseret Johnson said...

Not 100% but I'm pretty sure that your lovely plant is a Corn Plant Dracena...Not quite as fun to say, but hey you can't have everything. :) Being able to identify plants in your house is one of the joys of my agricultural life!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails