Pages

Monday, February 16, 2015

Love-ly

A whole weekend of love.  Happiness all weekend long.

Friday was a great start with us finding out Braeden and Emma were both cast in the next play.

(It's possible I cried a little.)

(It's possible I'm emotionally unstable.)

(It's possible I shouldn't be seen in public.)

Another triumph for the day was that Adam's Valentine box placed third which awarded him a $25 gift card.  (Mark immediately wondered about his share.)  Adam said it was too subversive to win first place, but subversive enough to get him on the podium.

I said, "Please tell me there was really a podium."

There wasn't.

Also Friday I made chocolate covered cherries which are 1) delicious and 2) make me think fondly of Janet because she's the one that taught me to make them.

That night Adam and I went on a double date with Ammon and Melanee which was fun.  I like those kids.

Braeden had a group date with some of his friends and Emma babysat for Ammon and Melanee.  I was hesitant to leave Mark home alone which deeply offended him because, "I am twelve, Mom!"  I made sure Emma ate before she went because Melanee was feeding her kids ahead of time.

When we were there dropping off Emma and picking up Ammon and Melanee, Melanee said, "I fed them dinner but here are some crackers if they get hungry."

After, when we were driving Emma back home, she was telling us about her time.  She described a game they played and she said, "Then I made them dinner."

Adam and I both said, "But Melanee had already fed them."

"She had?"

Sometimes my smart girl likes to pretends otherwise.

Saturday morning the boys played in a church basketball game, Adam refereed, I watched and Emma stayed home and slept.  Braeden often reminds me of his uncles and he plays basketball like Tabor.  He mostly fouls.  He was wearing a tie dyed tee shirt and so when Adam would call a foul on him, he would say it was on "Tie Dye." 

In the afternoon we took Tie Dye with us and shopped for our big Seven Course Meal (which we had the next day and I will have to tell you about later or else this blog post will be too long.)  We sampled fancy cheeses and hunted down shallots in the produce section and generally had a good time.  Braeden likes being the only child occasionally.  Takes him back to his roots, I guess. 

Emma had some friends over while we were gone.  When we got home I went in the basement where they were giggling and watching a movie and giggling.  Oh, and giggling. 

That night Braeden had a man date.  (Not to be confused with a mandate.)  It was his friend Andrew's birthday.  The rest of us were generally lazy.  We talked about dinner ideas and landed on waffles and sausage.  Adam and Mark went to the store for toaster waffles and sausage and also came home with flowers for Emma (yellow roses) and for me (red tulips). 

We ate our dinner and then watched Persuasion.  Mark was reluctant.  He said, "Nothing ever happens in those movies."  We coaxed him along until he agreed though.  Every twelve year old boy should be exposed to some occasional Jane Austen whether they like it or not. (And I think in the end Mark did sort of like it...how could he not?  Jane Austen!)

It was a good way to spend Valentine's Day.  I was surrounded by people I love and that's the whole idea, isn't it?

3 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

Sounds love-ly.

Mark Dahl said...

That's just what the other Mark always says about Jane Austen movies--nothing ever happens.

your mom

Melanee said...

I did wonder why a second dinner had been made...I figured Emma had gotten hungry. I'm sure my kids didn't object though. And we had a lovely time on our double date as well. I think a repeat will need to happen.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails