Pages

Friday, February 13, 2015

Valentines

Yesterday Adam forwarded me an email about a Valentine Box Contest they were having at work.  In the email it also included an employee list, as in make a Valentine for everyone.

They are all adults, right?

I felt compelled to action though.  Adam needed to redeem himself from Christmas.  His last day of work before Christmas, he came home laden with treats and cards from coworkers.  He had taken nothing to anyone.  I guess we didn't really know that was a thing.

But Valentine's Day!  I was determined to step it up.

I searched Pinterest for Valentine box ideas and Valentine ideas but there were 58 names on the employee list and I couldn't see me going to too much effort.  Adam and I decided to tackle the project when he got home.  We enlisted Emma's help.  (She's kind of the obvious choice around here.)

The three of us went to Hobby Lobby and Michael's and the grocery store.  Adam had an idea to decorate our paper shredder as a Valentine box which is pretty clever but could backfire if whoever came up with the contest idea feels offended by the paper shredder idea.  We plastered it with pink and Mark even wandered through and decided to help once he heard there were cash prizes for the winners.  He stuck hearts on and negotiated his cut of the winnings.




Emma assembled the Valentines.  We decided on some groovy tattoo ones...all peace signs and rainbow colors.  They seemed just cheesy enough.

reading the employee list off the ipad--she put a smiley face on Adam's boss's Valentine

We had fun but I kept thinking, they are all adults, right?

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

That is so funny. We've never celebrated holidays with Edgar's coworkers. I hope we don't start anytime soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails