Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Anybody want some milk?

We have serious problems around here without Braeden.  Milk problems.  I went to Costco the other day and hadn't been for two weeks (when has that happened?).  I opened the fridge to assess the milk situation before I left and we had three and a half gallons of milk!  What is happening to my life?  BUY MORE MILK used to be one of those unavoidable things, like death and taxes.

Saturday, the three full gallons of milk had reached their expiration date.  Talk about panic.  I bought pudding mix and instructed Emma to get to work.  We needed to have pudding.  Stat.

I also conceded victory to Mark in the Great Cereal War of 2015.

I had refused to buy him more Cinnamon Toast Crunch until the other cereal we already had was gone.

(Don't tell Braeden about the Cinnamon Toast Crunch.  This was never a kind of cereal I would buy because it's basically dessert but now I buy it for Mark because that kid just wears me out, I guess.  It's probably the same thing that happened when Ammon was the only one at home and my mom started buying Cocoa Puffs.  Suddenly who was that woman?  Well, Ammon turned out OK.)

Anyway, I wouldn't buy Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Mark stopped eating cereal altogether.  I told him that was fine.  I would outlast him.

Then, cracks in the armor, Chocolate Cheerios was on sale at Costco a while back.  If you're already buying Cinnamon Toast Crunch, what's a little Chocolate Cheerios?  (Here's a warning:  Apparently Cinnamon Toast Crunch is a gateway cereal.)

I bought the Chocolate Cheerios but put them up high and out of reach for everyone unless they had a ladder (this also only works with Braeden gone).

I dug in my cereal heels.  That kid could eat toast or go hungry.

Then we had three gallons of milk that were expiring!  I got out the Chocolate Cheerios and put them on the kitchen table and told Mark to go forth and eat.

He obliged.


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You can only imagine how much Cinnamon Toast Crunch we consume! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails