Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Books I read in September 2015



The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion ***

This book follows The Rosie Project. It was good although I think I enjoyed the first one more.  These are entertaining books with lovable characters and sometimes they made me laugh out loud. 




A Long Time Gone by Karen White ***

I like most everything I've read by Karen White.  (My favorites are her ghost stories which is weird because I don't like ghost stories.)  This story is set in rural Mississippi and is about a young woman who's returned home and also about her mother and great grandmother.  There's a lot of mystery and intrigue and romance and a little whining.



The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah ****

Kristin Hannah never disappoints.  I love her books.  This book is set during World War II, in France.  It's about two sisters and their different experiences and fight to survive and also a bit about the French Resistance.  


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Good month--more stars than usual, I'd say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails