Monday, February 22, 2016

Is this my life?

Sometimes I don't recognize myself.

1) I marched into Home Depot and bought a sledge hammer.  I look out of place at Home Depot.  I feel out of place at Home Depot.  Three men stopped me on my way to the tools and asked me if I needed help.  (I've been in Home Depot a few times with Ammon.  I can guarantee nobody asked him if he needed help.) I knew exactly what I was after though.  My dad told me down to the brand name and color.  I bought me a sledge hammer.  For flags.

Carrying a sledge hammer outside in the parking lot is maybe a bit intoxicating.

2) I bought one gallon of milk.  Until Braeden left on his mission I never uttered the words, "We have to drink this milk before it expires!"

I went from 6 gallons a week to one.

It doesn't help that Mark and I are in another cereal standoff.  I won't buy more until the Wheat Chex are gone.

(On a side note, does anyone want a really stubborn red head?  Free to a good home.)

3) I didn't make Emma a birthday cake.  I always make my little darlings birthday cakes.  I like baking birthday cakes.  I like eating birthday cakes, but Adam and I are not eating sugar right now.  Baking a cake seemed like pure torture so I went to a swanky cupcake shop instead.  One for each kid.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think someone should make some Chex party mix!

Stephanie Johnson said...

just give away the Wheat Chex, the boy is too much............ well, something....

tee hee

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails