Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Good news vs. bad news

Bad news: I cut my hand with scissors (I didn't know that was a thing).

Good news: the scissors are sharp.

Bad news: I'm terrible with directions and remembering where places are.

Good news:  I came up with a system.  Places I dislike (the dentist, Winco) are on 800 North.  Places I like (Target, the library) are on Center Street.  This serves me well.

Bad news: I had to wait a long time for Mark to be done at school.  (He had last minute rehearsal but didn't communicate that well...so I sat in the car.)

Good news: I had a book to read.

Adam called me from San Francisco and said, "I have good news and bad news."  I never like bad news when he's on a business trip.  It usually means delayed flights.  He said, "The good news is, the presentation went well.  The bad news is that my flight was delayed.  But I was able to get an even earlier flight so I'll be home 3 hours earlier than I would have been."

I said, "I don't think that's bad news."

Bad news:  Adam doesn't know how good news/bad news works.

Good news:  He came home early.


2 comments:

Adam said...

So maligned, and by my own wife for the sake of a laugh. It was a good news, bad news, good news call. I went next-level. That's how I operate.

Olivia Cobian said...

Adam defends himself well. Glad he's home early!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails