Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Yesterday

I spent a good part of the morning visiting with Tabor and family.  Charlotte helped me make muffins and Emma slept brilliantly through the noise like only Emma can.

I went into the other room when it was time to get Braeden's email.  That requires all my concentration and is the best part of every week.

Hands down.

Yesterday was no school.

I like days like that.

Emma joined Adam and me for our weekly lunch date.  We discussed Braeden like we do and Adam turned to Emma and asked, "Emma, what do you think?"

She said, "I'm sorry, I wasn't listening."

(Emma has always had a rich inner life.)

Emma and I stopped and picked up Vanessa on the way home.  She and Emma went in search of a job and came back with two job applications and a movie from the library.

Mark went ice skating with his friends and had a great time.

(Except the ice skating.  He wasn't very good at it.)

I said, "You can blame me for that."  He said he didn't know how it was my fault.  I told him that I am not an ice skating sort of mother.  It would never occur to me to take my children ice skating.

(They are all very witty children though so I'm not a complete failure.)

Mark said that he had a hard time finding skates that fit.

He can blame his dad for that (and probably credit his dad for the wittiness as well).

What can I say?  I married well.

After dinner and family home evening (which was slightly humbling when we talked about our Sunday observances and our children thought we should nap less...), Adam and I finished Downton Abbey.

Stop reading now if you don't want me to spoil it...

...but I'm glad Downton Abbey was tied up in a neat bow.  I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop on everyone's happiness.  But it never did and I'm glad.

It was a day of simple pleasures.  It was a day that makes me grateful for the little things.  




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails