Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

When everyone is having a hard day

The struggle is real sometimes.  For everyone.  (If you're feeling pretty pleased with everything, just wait.)

There are a million bright spots though.  It's still a good life.  For example, there are letters that Morgan writes to Clarissa.

Here's a recent one:

Dear SJ,

It is tiresum here.  I wish I was in New Zealand

Love,

Morgan

That kid is a gem.  Not only can he fall asleep at will (anywhere, anytime), he writes awesome (awesum) letters.

For the times between interacting with Morgan and the boost that gives any psyche, here's a quote from Elder Richard G. Scott:
Just when all seems to be going right, challenges often come in multiple doses applied simultaneously. When those trials are not consequences of your disobedience, they are evidence that the Lord feels you are prepared to grow more. He therefore gives you experiences that stimulate growth, understanding, and compassion which polish you for your everlasting benefit. To get you from where you are to where He wants you to be requires a lot of stretching, and that generally entails discomfort and pain.
I just love that.  Sometimes it gets me through the day.  That and thinking about Morgan.

Yesterday felt rough and I felt exhausted by the time dinner rolled around.

We had spaghetti sauce (on spaghetti squash, which went over better than I thought it would).  I offered five Aussie Fun Bucks to whoever could tell me why we were having Caesar salad.  Emma said immediately, "The Ides of March."

How awesome is Emma?

She said, "Can I have five real bucks?"

(And now I don't even remember what five Aussie Fun Bucks are from.  I just offer them willy-nilly.)

We ate dinner with Emma and Mark telling us about Property Brothers (Emma is trying hard to make Mark an HGTV convert.)

Emma suggested we renovate the kitchen.  (Paint the cabinets?  New counter tops?)

Adam suggested putting up walls and installing popcorn ceilings.

Gasps ensued from the HGTV aficionado.  (The open concept!)

Mark suggested popcorn floors so he could eat the popcorn.

I got an email from our kids' second cousin asking what kind of music Braeden can listen to because he wants to make him a CD.  (I love that Braxton.  He's quality.)

We cleaned the kitchen and then Adam read the first chapter of Tom Sawyer to us.  We checked election results.  The kids and I watched David Lopez vines while Adam went to the church for basketball. 

Did life magically get less hard?  No.  It's just nice to have a family.  They fill in the cracks when things aren't smooth.  Also, Mark is really good at imitating David Lopez vines.  I think he's part parrot.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails