Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Books I read in March 2016



the life changing magic of tidying up my Marie Kondo ***

I liked this book.  I also like organizing and purging (though nothing on the level of Marie Kondo).  Reading this prompted me to get rid of a pile of clothes so that's good.





Bossypants by Tina Fey *

I didn't get very far in this book.  Also, I hate the cover.  But actually the cover is sort of fair warning.  The cover seems like she's trying really hard to be funny but it's kind of gross.  The book seemed like her trying really hard to be funny but it wasn't funny, it was kind of gross.

This is why I love library books.  I can just turn them back in, unread, with no buyer's remorse.





Dud Avocado by Elaine Dundy minus a star (is that a thing?)

I really disliked this book.  The only and I mean ONLY reason I finished it was because I'm trying really hard to be a good upstanding book club member.  Only two people in my entire book club liked the book (and they coincidentally sat next to each other that night).  The woman that picked it didn't even like it.  It is full of unlikable characters and bizarre plot twists that don't even make sense.  Also the motivations of the characters are completely mysterious.

And there it is, dud, right in the name.




Big Cherry Holler  and Milk Glass Moon by Adriana Trigiani **

I went on something of an Adriana Trigiani binge because I was waiting for books to come in that I'd placed on hold and just grabbed these.  I liked the first in the series, Big Stone Gap better than the two that followed.  The main character was sort of whiny and they dragged a bit.  Also, her marriage relationship was weird.




1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I need the life-changing magic of tidying up! Do you own that book or is it from the library?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails