Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Kiss boring good-bye

Our house lays in wait until Adam goes on a business trip.  It makes plans and then he leaves and bam! Action!

Yesterday Geri and Megan were here visiting (they're in and out this week; they headed south toward some National Parks today and will be back on Friday).  Megan went to get something in their car and then came back inside and alerted me to the geyser that was happening in our front yard.

A pipe was spewing water all over our neighbor's driveway.

I did the only rational thing to do in a case like that and texted Ammon.  (Yes, I have the good end of this brother/sister relationship.)

Did I mention it was raining?

It was.

Geri and I were outside trying to figure out what was going on.  I shut off the main water to the house and that didn't make a difference.  I checked and the sprinkler system was shut off.  Then Ammon called.  I Facetimed with him and showed him everything.  We have culinary and secondary water and he assured me it was just the secondary water so that was sort of a relief.  I still couldn't figure out how to get it shut off though.  I found some valves and they turned on the sprinklers (which further soaked us).  Without being here, Ammon couldn't do much else for us, so I called the city.  They sent two guys who found the main shut off box which was sort of buried by one of the bushes in the front yard.  They said, "You buried it!" and Geri came to my defense and told him we just moved here not too long ago.  They were very kind though and once they had the geyser stopped, they hung around and chatted a little.

So that was all exciting.

Other unrelated but exciting things:  Mark's play is this weekend.  He's super excited.  He came home yesterday from rehearsal with eyeliner on and he doesn't know how women possibly wear that every day.  He is having the time of his life and I'm looking forward to the show.  We have lots of family coming plus I have Women's Conference at BYU the next two days so things are about to get real around here. 

He can't cut his hair until after the show (and I'm equally excited about that happy occurrence finally happening.)

Last night, Megan got a pick and went to town on his hair.  His hair looked a bit like Bob Ross but the creepy smile is all his own (and yes, that is the pick stuck in his hair).




The final exciting thing?  Emma asked me the other day if we could go dress shopping.  I know, right?  It's the first time in 17 years that Emma has requested a shopping trip.  She wants a dress for the end of year drama banquet. 

I have to not get too excited about the shopping trip though.  She'll spook and say never mind.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails