Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Saturday and Sunday

Every morning of our trip I woke up to a sign like this:


The boy loves water.

Saturday morning I peeked out the window to see him in the pool and lo and behold, blue sky!


Blue-ish.

We headed to the beach.  The blue sky didn't last all day but neither did it rain.

Adam and Mark headed to the water and I was the one on the beach in a cardigan and long pants (it wasn't that warm).


Here they are, heads barely visible beneath a wave, with surfers in the background.


It was fun to watch the surfers + surfing strikes me as one of those impossible things that I don't know how people accomplish.

Adam flew his kite some more until it crashed into the waves and got waterlogged.


We went back to the hotel to regroup then we headed to the Mexican border.  We didn't have our passports and didn't really want to take the time to cross anyway, but it was interesting to see.  It was vastly different than the Canadian border.

From there we went to the U.S.S. Midway.  The museum was almost closed when we got there.  It's definitely a reason to go back to San Diego someday.


the museum is actually on the ship!

From there we went to Balboa Park.  That is another big reason to go back.  We could have spent a whole lot of time there.  We commented often about ways San Diego reminded us of Seattle, but Seattle has nothing like Balboa Park.  That place is straight up amazing.  I fell in love.



I went away from San Diego with the opinion that even when the weather is less than ideal, it is a pretty great place.

Sunday brought us home.  It was a long and meandering sort of trip.  We detoured a bit north and picked up Emma.  It saved her riding the bus home and she got home about three hours before the bus.  Also, when we picked her up, Emma said, "You have no idea how happy I am to go with you.  Well, maybe Mom does because she's an introvert too."

And I get it.  People, even people you love, can be exhausting when you are like my girl and me.

I was happy to have Emma with us.  More is more with these children of mine.

So thus ends the trip blog posts.  I could write about the laundry, and while it is impressive, it isn't entirely interesting.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails