Pages

Monday, August 28, 2017

Family Weekend

This week is The Kids Move to College Week aka the week Mark becomes the only child.

I may have flung my arms around Emma at one point this weekend and wailed dramatically, "Don't leave me!"

She whispered in my ear, "I'm going."

It was a happy weekend.  It felt like a vacation and like something fleeting that you want to hold onto and remember.  We had some family over, we went to a play, ran a few errands together, we played games, we ate good food, we languished on the deck at sunset, we had our across the street neighbors over for an evening (we love them!).

We also did a little yard work.

Saturday morning we were planning to do some weeding.  Let me illustrate the differences between a 14-year-old and a 20-year-old.

Early in the morning Mark texted me this:


And Braeden texted me this:


I deputized Mark to go wake up his sister and we all joined Braeden outside weeding.

(A difference between me and my children is that I didn't text my mom on Saturday mornings about chores.)

Also, 20-year-olds?  They just do stuff around the house without you asking.  It's a weird but welcome change.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails