Pages

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

I am almost jealous...but not quite

Braeden and Branson--Branson is recovered from surgery and back in Virginia

A new crop of missionaries went to the Virginia Chesapeake Mission.  Facebook has been littered with pictures of their district, pictures from the MTC, pictures from the airport, reports of who is going to be companions with who, mothers connecting, reports of phone calls from the mission office letting mothers know their missionaries arrived.  There's talk of a site where there are regular updates and newsletters from the mission.  A group of mothers of missionaries in that mission are setting up a regular lunch group in the SLC area.

When Braeden went on his mission, there was no Virginia Chesapeake Mission Parents group.  I got this one really blurry picture from the airport that some kind soul sent me.



I had no idea if/when he made it to Virginia.  I didn't know who his companions were until I heard from him a week later.  There was no connecting with other mothers.  There was no newsletter.

I would have loved any one of those things. (I love more that I'm counting down days until my missionary is home.)

Rebecca texted me this picture last night:


I love everything about this picture.  I love how over the moon happy Braeden looks (and I know he was over the moon happy because he loves the Justesens).  I love that they drove to Gloucester to say good-bye to him.  I love that there are so many good people in the world.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails