Pages

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Yesterday

Braeden carried this around for Emma while she got checked in.


Then shortly after taking this picture, he wandered away and took a wrong turn and got lost in a girls' dorm carrying a stuffed tiger and a plant.  He texted me:


We eventually found each other.

Emma's room was all set to rights and she was happy.

Her bed is tall and she...isn't


After some more errands, I went with Braeden back to his dorm to unload still more stuff.  I met his roommate's mom who was also there, dropping off more stuff.  They're from Payson and apparently when you live close like we do, moving in is a multi step process.  We chatted and talked about our recently returned sons and how grateful we were to be close by.  She said, "I see some parents cry and throw their arms around their kids.  You can tell who lives far away."

I nodded my agreement.

And then I cried and threw my arms around Braeden when I said good-bye.  I just got that kid back.

I think I will buy this shirt.


Then I went and said a last good-bye to Emma and cried a little more.  Darn kids.  Who said they could grow up?

I failed to take a picture of Braeden in his room so I texted him to send me a selfie:


Mark has been lost in the shuffle a bit but now he is back to front and center.  I told him when he got home from school he needs to hug me three times as often now.  So he gave me a big hug.  He's sweet and funny and tall (for reaching the top cupboard) and strong (for carrying in groceries).  I'm grateful I have him.

I'm going to figure out a way to freeze time.

I'll try.

Last night we went to a Court of Honor and he got a rank advancement and I got a pin!  If there was ever a mother who didn't deserve a mother's pin for these things, it's me.  The only thing I do is grudgingly attach badges.

Mark led the color guard.  And I contemplated the fact that he needs a haircut and I wondered what sort of debate will have to happen for a haircut to take place.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails