Pages

Monday, August 21, 2017

Catching up

For the sake of posterity, here's a quick update:

First, this.


We got our boy back!  Getting a missionary at the Salt Lake airport is a cultural experience all its own.  We were one of many families and the moms got to stand in front of the barricade that was keeping the rest of the masses in check.  An airport security guy came up to me and said, "Now Sister, we ask that you not run up the escalator when you see your missionary or block the escalator.  Let him come to you."

I was a very good girl and didn't cause any escalator mishaps.  I did cry though.  You'd think I'd have gotten it out of my system.  Ha.

Here he is with my parents.


Having Braeden back?  It's everything.  

The next morning we hit the road early early for a too short trip to Seattle--actually we didn't go to Seattle.  We skirted it and just went to Everett/Mill Creek. 

The drive was nice.  Four drivers make a difference. 

We thoroughly enjoyed spending time with our family.  I didn't take many pictures but lifted some off of Facebook for my own blogging purposes.  (Thanks Megan!)

These two look alike--less so when Emma's been in a car for 15 hours but you get the idea.


Grandma Geri knows how to take care of her boys:  chocolate milk for days. (Well, chocolate milk until the boys drank it all.)


These pictures make me laugh because they didn't coordinate on which picture they were going to smile and which they were going to be serious.

Mark, Braeden, Adam and Brian

It all just felt a little bit like paradise.


 
Megan, Mark, Emma, Braeden, Brian, Raelyn, Scott, Adam and Geri

 Kain dropped by later and Megan documented what happens when little boys become man-sized. 




The next day, most everyone went to the lake and I had a playdate with my friends.  It was wonderful.  I met Stephanie for lunch and then Janet joined us and then Stephanie had to leave and Janet and I spent the rest of the afternoon together.  Our family came over and we had a delicious (of course) dinner and Emma and Freja drew pictures and sang songs and the boys played games and Eric and Janet and Adam and I talked about all the things.  We stayed way too late and it also felt like paradise.

(Is the Pacific Northwest paradise?  Some members of my family would argue yes.)

I did not take good pictures but I did snap a few of lighting the candles for Freja and Hans (it was their birthday).



Saturday, our last day there, we went to Everett and played around a little on some of the pianos.

Braeden playing Praise to the Man, using the sheet music on LDS tools, on a Jimi Hendrix piano.  You know, like you do.
I took a picture of the boys on the lighthouse at Mukilteo.


Braeden called down, "Make sure you're above my chin."

It's what I always tell people when they take my picture.  (So I don't have a million chins in the picture.)

It's nice to have Braeden home.


1 comment:

Marianne said...

So happy! I'm excited to see that clever boy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails