Pages

Friday, November 10, 2017

Grateful Friday

Today I'm grateful for mundane things.  Our washing machine broke a few weeks ago.  A repairman came and then ordered a part and then several days later when the part arrived, he came to fix it.

Turned out there was more wrong with it than he originally thought.

So he ordered another part and told us it would be another week.

This was in no way a tragedy, but it was inconvenient!  Thankfully there was a laundromat we could use and there was Adam to carry the heavy baskets full of wet laundry (we dried them at home).

A few days ago, the second part arrived and our repairman fixed it up.

I immediately started washing loads of laundry.  Mark said, "I've never seen anyone so excited to do laundry."

Last night Braeden was here and we were watching the Seahawks game.  The boys took turns snuggling up next to me (Adam was on my other side).  I told Braeden I had washed a shirt he'd left home awhile ago.

He squeezed my shoulder, "Is it nice to have your washer back?"

It really is!  I'm grateful for all the labor saving appliances that make my life easier.  It truly is something of a miracle that you can insert dirty clothes or dishes into a machine, add detergent and press a button and come back later to find the work done.

What a wonderful world!

(It's also nice to snuggle with my boys + Adam.  Also the Seahawks won.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails