Pages

Thursday, November 2, 2017

A working title

On Friday night Braeden came to spend the night because he was going to Mark's rehearsal with him early Saturday.  He got here around 11:00, after a date.  He and Adam stayed up way too late watching Stranger Things.

Saturday morning, Braeden was dragging.  Mark made him a breakfast burrito.  Braeden ate it and between bites, he said, "Mark, do you want to be a hero?"


Mark said, "I am already a hero."


Braeden said, "Will you go downstairs and get my wallet and keys?"


Mark headed off because he's spent a lifetime doing Braeden's bidding.  We all have.


Braeden moaned, "I stayed up way too late."


Then he looked around the kitchen.  Burrito gone, he was still hungry.


I said, "There are fig bars in the pantry."


He looked at the pantry then back at me.


I looked under the table.  "Yep, you have legs."


He sighed.


I said, "I'm not going to wait on you because of your bad decisions."


Braeden laughed.  "That could be the title of a parenting book."


(Then he got up and got himself a fig bar.)

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

You're such a fun family! I just love you all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails