Pages

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Family Home Evening

Last night for Family Home Evening, we decided to create a scene from the Book of Mormon out of legos.  We were thinking maybe we'd make a stop motion video.  We decided to recreate Lehi's dream.  We didn't have time to finish, but there will be other Mondays.

When you have a Mark, he's the builder. Adam and I were relegated to sorters.


See that little pile of green and brown legos?  I don't want to brag, but I did that.

While we were sorting, Mark started with making people.  He carefully selected faces for each person and asked our opinions on which face looked more like Lehi or Sam.  Even though Ishmael's family and Zoram aren't mentioned in the dream, Mark made them.  "I think they were there," he said.

And who's to argue with him?



Mark finished the tree and I thought we were done for the night but then he snapped together a rod of iron.


The kid is just good with legos.


There is Lehi, holding a piece of the fruit.

And the takeaway?

Don't be Laman and Lemuel:


1 comment:

Nancy said...

What great advice! I'm trying. I love the creative, engaging way to have FHE. GO MARK!! He is so talented.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails